You are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of work for the Lochalsh Arts Fair to be held at the Old Bakehouse Gallery at Create, in Kyle, from Saturday 17th September until Friday 23rd September 2022
This will be a showcase for local, talented artists – professional, semi-professional and those just embarking on their artistic journey.
Work can include paintings or two dimensional art in any medium. Please get in touch if you would like to exhibit sculpture as well, as it may be possible to include it.
Any surplus made by the Art Fair will be donated to local charities. There will be no admission fee to the public although local groups maybe selling teas. The exhibition will be open 10am to 5pm with late openning til 8pm on Tuesday.
Submitting, Selling and Collecting work
Please contact us for a submission form and return it by email or post by no later than 12th September.
All artworks should be labelled on the back with artist, title and price.
Handing in Days will be on Wednesday 14th, 2-7pm and Thursday 15th September 10am -12 with all art works being delivered to Create along with a £4.00 per piece submission fee.
There will be a preview night on Friday 16th September, subject to the covid situation, and the exhibition will run until Friday 23rd September.
Whilst we would encourage sold art work to be collected at the end of the exhibition, purchased work maybe taken on the day if a suitable replacement is available. Lochalsh Arts Fair will take all payment for sold work throughout the event and will make payments to the individual artists minus the agreed commission (25%).
Collection of unsold work (or purchases) must take place on Wednesday 23rd September between 5pm and 6pm. Uncollected work will not become the responsibility of the organisers of Lochalsh Arts Fair.
additional note: while we will take responsibility for publicity any help with distributing posters etc would be really welcome. Also if anyone is willing to help out throughout the exhibition please let us know.
Please note the following points:
- All art work must be original and the bona fide work of the submitting artist
- Pairs or triptychs will be accepted but will be counted as two or three works. Please identify these groupings on the submission sheet.
- All paintings must be suitably framed to a high quality or if unframed, to a well presented finish, ready to hang.
- Wet paintings will not be accepted.
- Artists must price their own work which should include the 25% commission to LAF.
- All exhibits should be for sale, unless required by students to be retained for portfolio purposes.
- Artists should be 16 or over. Unfortunately we cannot accept children’s work.
- Labels must be attached to the back of each painting with the artists name, title, and the price.
- Submission fees are £4.00 per piece and are non returnable.
- The organisers are entitled to reject any work deemed for any reason to be inappropriate for the exhibition.
- If planning to submit art work that is bigger than 1m wide please contact the organisers for advice.
- The organisers will take all reasonable care of the exhibits whilst in their care but artists must be responsible for their own insurance arrangements for the entries.
- You are welcome to submit an A4 information sheet to be made available via a folder for the duration of the exhibition
- We will have a small amount of space for sculpture. If you wish to exhibit sculpture please contact the organisers to discuss.