You are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of work for the Lochalsh Arts fair to be held at Dornie Hall, Lochalsh from Sunday 10th September until Wednesday 13th September 2017
This will be a showcase for local, talented artists – professional, semi-professional and those just embarking on their artistic journey.
Work can include paintings or two dimensional art in any medium.
Any surplus made by the Art Fair will be donated to local charities. There will be no admission fee to the public although local groups maybe selling teas. Exhibition open times are, Sunday: 11-5, Monday: 10-5, Tuesday: 10am-9pm, Wednesday, 10 – 4pm.
Submitting, Selling and Collecting work
Please contact us for a submission form and return it by email or post by no later than September 4th.
All artworks should be labelled on the back with artist, title and price.
Handing in Day will be on Saturday morning, 9th September between 9am – 1pm with all art works being delivered to Dornie Hall along with a £4.00 per piece submission fee.
There will be no preview night, but there will be an opening afternoon on Sunday 10th with teas and music 11.00am – 5.00pm and the exhibition will run until 4.00pm on Wednesday 13th September.
Whilst we would encourage sold art work to be collected at the end of the exhibition, purchased work maybe taken on the day if a suitable replacement is available. Lochalsh Arts Fair will take all payment for sold work throughout the event and will make payments to the individual artists minus the agreed commission (25%).
Collection of unsold work (or purchases) must take place on Wednesday 13th September between 4pm and 6pm. Uncollected work will not become the responsibility of the organisers of Lochalsh Arts Fair.
additional note: while we will take responsibility for publicity any help with distributing leaflets etc would be really welcome. Also if anyone is willing to help out throughout the exhibition please let us know.
Please note the following points:
- All art work must be original and the bona fide work of the submitting artist
- Pairs or triptychs will be accepted but will be counted as two or three works. Please identify these groupings on the submission sheet.
- All paintings must be suitably framed to a high quality or if unframed, to a well presented finish, ready to hang.
- Wet paintings will not be accepted.
- Artists must price their own work which should include the 25% commission to LAF.
- All exhibits should be for sale, unless required by students to be retained for portfolio purposes.
- Artists should be 16 or over. Unfortunately we cannot accept children’s work.
- Labels must be attached to the back of each painting and the smaller labels must be filled in and given in on Handing in Day or emailed in advance with your submission form.
- Submission fees are £4.00 per piece and are non returnable.
- The organisers are entitled to reject any work deemed for any reason to be inappropriate for the exhibition.
- If planning to submit art work that is bigger than 1m wide please contact the organisers for advice.
- The organisers will take all reasonable care of the exhibits whilst in their care but artists must be responsible for their own insurance arrangements for the entries.
- You are welcome to submit an A4 information sheet to be made available via a folder for the duration of the exhibition
- There may be a small amount of space for sculpture. If you wish to exhibit sculpture please contact the organisers to discuss.